environmental policy, energy policy and technology development, international environmental governance, and sustainable transportation development, with a focus on China. Based on in-depth field research, her research investigates the factors that determine successful policy implementation, emphasizing analysis of the behavior and interaction of involved state and non-state actors at different levels. The objective of her research is catalyze and inform the design of policies and institutions that can address not only climate issues but also environmental and energy security issues.
- Implementing International Environmental Treaties in Developing Countries: China's Compliance with the Montreal Protocol
- Inside China: The Chinese View Their Automotive Future
- Transition to Hydrogen-Based Transportation in China: Lessons Learned from Alternative Fuel Vehicle Programs in the United States and China
- Whither the Car? China's Automobile Industry and Cleaner Vehicle Technologies
- Whither the Car? China's Automobile Industry and Cleaner Vehicle Technology