My research focuses on environmental biotechnology and water quality with an emphasis on engineered treatment systems. My specific interests focus on the fate of chemical stressors in these systems (e.g., toxins, pharmaceuticals, trace contaminants), the use of technologies to sense and remove these chemicals, antibiotic resistance, and on resource recovery from wastewater.
- FEW Workshop: "Scaling Up" Urban Agriculture to Mitigate Food-Energy-Water Impacts
- M-CUBED: Innovatively Planning for Technological Innovation: Water, Infrastructure, and Sustainability
- REFRESCH: Researching Fresh Solutions to the Energy/Water/Food Challenge in Resource-Constrained Environments
- U.S.-China: Integrated Systems Modeling of Food-Energy-Water (FEW) Nexus for Urban Sustainability
- A GIS Based National Assessment of Algal Bio-Oil Production Potential Through Flue Gas and Wastewater Co-Utilization
- A GIS Based National Assessment Of Algal Biofuel Production Potential Through Flue-Gas And Wastewater Co-Utilization
- Scaling Up Agriculture in City-Regions to Mitigate FEW System Impacts