His research interests include statistical learning, high-dimensional data and statistical network analysis. He is also interested in applications in medicine, computational biology, engineering, physics and business. Professor Zhu received a CAREER award from the NSF in 2008 and was elected a member of ISI in 2010 and a fellow of ASA in 2013.
- Principal indicators to monitor sustainable development goals
- Rapid Prediction of Chemical Ecotoxicity Through Genetic Algorithm Optimized Neural Network Models
- Scaling of Global Input-Output Networks
- Understanding Taxi Travel Patterns
- Urban Air Pollution Mapping Using Fleet Vehicles as Mobile Monitors and Machine Learning