Ph.D. Landscape Architecture and Architecture, University of Michigan, '06
M.S. Architecture, University of Michigan '01
M.S. Natural Resources, University of Michigan, '94
B.S. Electrical Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, '83
- Associate Professor (tenured), School of Planning, Faculty of Environment, University of Waterloo. Waterloo, ON Canada. 2014-2016.
- Assistant Professor, School of Planning, Faculty of Environment, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, ON Canada. 2008-2014.
- Engineer, Westinghouse Electro-Optical Systems. Orlando, FL.
- Engineer, Raytheon Missile Systems Division. Bedford, MA.
- Engineer, Kollsman Instrument Company. Merrimack, NH.
- Christidis, T., Lewis, G., & Bigelow, P. 2017. Understanding support and opposition to wind turbine development in Ontario, Canada and assessing possible steps for future development. Renewable Energy 112:93-103.
- Casello, J., G. Lewis, D. Santiago, and K. Yeung. 2014. Transit technology selection model. Journal of Public Transportation 17(4): 50-75.
- Bennett, Claire and Geoffrey Lewis, 2014. Integrating a triple bottom line approach into the management system: A framework for institutions and businesses alike. In 2nd World Symposium on Sustainable Development at Universities, Manchester UK, September 3-5, 2014.
- Mallia, Eric and Geoffrey McD. Lewis. 2013. Life cycle greenhouse gas emissions of electricity generation in the province of Ontario. Int. J. LCA 18(2):377-391.
- Lewis, Geoffrey and Jeff Casello, 2012. Commonalities between energy and transportation systems – problem-solving across a disciplinary boundary. In QUEST 2012 International Conference & Tradeshow – Smart Energy Communities in Cold Climates, Winnipeg, MB, November 18-21, 2012.
- Moore, Michael R., Geoffrey McD. Lewis and Daniel J. Cepela. 2010. Markets for Renewable Energy and Pollution Emissions: Environmental Claims, Emission-Reduction Accounting, and Product Decoupling. Energy Policy 38(10): 5956-5966.
- Lewis, Geoffrey and R.J. Laverne, 2009. Catastrophic Loss of Tree Canopy and an Opportunity to Study the Effect of Trees on Residential Energy Use. In Proceedings of the 4th Annual Canadian Solar Buildings Conference, Toronto, ON, June 25-27, 2009, by the Solar Buildings Research Network.
- Malkawi, Ali M., Yi, Y. K., and Lewis, G. 2005. Integrated evaluation of a photovoltaic installation. Journal of Architectural Engineering 11(4): 131-138.
- Lewis, Geoffrey McD., and E. Brabec. 2005. Regional land pattern assessment: development of a resource efficiency measurement method. Landscape and Urban Planning 72(4): 281-296.
- Lewis, Geoffrey McD., and E. Brabec. 2005. Development of regional measurement methods: the context for quantifying influence and impact. Landscape Review 10(1 & 2): 44-48
- Lewis, Geoffrey M., and Ali M. Malkawi. 2004. Links Between Satellite Thermal Imagery and Building Energy Use. In Proceedings of the Council for Research and Innovation in Building and Construction: World Building Congress CIB2004 in Toronto, ON, May 2-7, 2004 by the National Research Council of Canada, 677-684. Ottawa, ON, Canada: NRC.
- Singh, M., M. Wang, N. Hazard, and G. Lewis. 2000. Quantifying the Fuel Use and Greenhouse Gas Reduction Potential of Electric and Hybrid Vehicles, SAE paper 2000-01-1581. In Society of Automotive Engineers Future Car Congress in Arlington, VA, April 2-6, 2000. SAE, Warrendale, PA.
- Murrell, J. D., G. M. Lewis, D. M. Baker, and D. N. Assanis. 1997. An Early-Design Methodology for Predicting Transient Fuel Economy and Catalyst-Out Exhaust Emissions, SAE paper 971838. In Society of Automotive Engineers Vehicle Thermal Management Systems Conference in Indianapolis, IN, May 19–22, 1997. SAE, Warrendale, PA.
- Laverne, Robert J., and G. M. Lewis. 1996. The Effect of vegetation on residential energy use in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Journal of Arboriculture 22(5): 234-243.
- Alcoa Foundation's Conservation and Sustainability Fellowship Program: Enabling Technology for a Sustainable Energy Future through Interdisciplinary Research and Training
- Cleaner Products through Life Cycle Design (Amorphous Silicon Photovoltaics)
- CSS Factsheets
- Ford Alliance: Evaluating the Sustainability and Environmental Benefits of Autonomous Vehicles
- Green Principles for Responsible Battery Management in Mobile Applications
- Life Cycle Analysis of a Generic Vehicle
- Life Cycle Assessment of Weight Reduction Scenarios for TARDEC
- Life Cycle Design of Building-Integrated Photovoltaic Systems
- LIFT Core Life-Cycle Assessment
- Strategies to Limit Degradation and Maximize Battery Service Lifetime: Critical Review and Guidance for Stakeholders
- Thermal Modification of Blue Stained, Fire Salvaged Timber
- Amorphous Silicon Photovoltaic Modules: A Life Cycle Design Case Study
- Application of Life Cycle Energy Analysis to Photovoltaic Module Design
- Decision Support Algorithm for Evaluating Carbon Dioxide Emissions from Electricity Generation in the United States
- Effect of Mass on Multimodal Fuel Consumption in Moving People and Freight in the U.S.
- Environmental Impacts of Abdominal Imaging: A Pilot Investigation
- Estimating the Value of Wind Energy Using Electricity Locational Marginal Price
- Green Principles for Vehicle Lightweighting
- High Value Wind - A Method to Explore the Relationship Between Wind Speed and Electricity Locational Marginal Price
- LCI Modeling Challenges and Solutions for a Complex Product System: A Mid-Sized Automobile
- Life cycle assessment of thin-wall ductile cast iron for automotive lightweighting applications
- Life Cycle Design of Amorphous Silicon Photovoltaic Modules
- Lightweighting shipping containers: Life cycle impacts on multimodal freight transportation
- Modeling the Life Cycle Energy and Environmental Performance of Amorphous Silicon BIPV Roofing in the US
- Photovoltaic Energy
- PV-BIDPAT: An Evaluation and Design Tool for Building Integrated Photovoltaic Installations
- PV-BILD: A Life Cycle Environmental and Economic Assessment Tool for Building-Integrated Photovoltaic Installations
- Road Map of Autonomous Vehicle Service Deployment Priorities in Ann Arbor
- Shared Autonomous Vehicles as a Sustainable Solution to the Last Mile Problem: A Case Study of Ann Arbor-Detroit Area
- Wind Energy