Systems and control including machine design, control, monitoring, and diagnostics; physical system modeling; automated modeling; bond graph theory; proper modeling of active suspensions; proper vehicle handling and ride models; high efficiency dynamic formulations for vehicle dynamics; monitoring and control of thermally induced spindle bearing loads; design and control of high speed spindles and novel milling machines.
- EFRI-RESIN Final Project Summary: A Multi-Scale Design and Control Framework for Dynamically Coupled Sustainable and Resilient Infrastructures, with Application to Vehicle-to-Grid Integration
- Sustainable Transportation for a 3rd Century: An Interdisciplinary Approach to Addressing the Last Mile Problem for Enhanced Accessibility
- A Stochastic Optimal Control Approach for Power Management in Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicles [Proc. ASME]
- Impact of Battery Sizing on Stochastic Optimal Power Management in Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles
- Road Map of Autonomous Vehicle Service Deployment Priorities in Ann Arbor
- Sustainability, Resiliency, and Grid Stability of the Coupled Electricity and Transportation Infrastructures: Case for an Integrated Analysis