25th Anniversary Symposium
Join us in celebrating the 25th anniversary of the Center. CSS is an evolution of the National Pollution Prevention Center for Higher Education (NPPC), which was created in 1991 by a US EPA competitive grant.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Dana Building to celebrate, connect, and learn with friends old and new. Network with sustainability leaders from the public and private sectors, share career experiences, talk with current students about what's happening now, and help shape the CSS vision for the next 25 years!
Registration is required.
We are planning a full and enriching set of activities, including:
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 29
5:00 PM | Wege Lecture on Sustainability | Rackham Auditorium
Professor William C. Clark, Harvard University
Pursuing Sustainability: Linking Science and Practice
6:30 PM | Wege Reception | Rackham Lobby
7:15 PM | Wege Dinner for pre-registered guests | Hussey Room, 2nd Floor, Michigan League
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 30
8:30 - 1:30 | Registration Table Open | Ford Commons, 1st Floor, Dana Building
8:30 - 1:30 | History in the Making: An Interactive Collection | Room 4315A Dana Building
8:30 - 10:30 | Breakfast Roundtables: Topical Conversations | Ford Commons, 1st Floor, Dana Building | sponsored by DTE Energy Foundation
10:30 - 11:30 | Poster Session: current student research | Ford Commons, 1st Floor, Dana Building
11:30 - Noon | Optional Green Building Tour (or Break) | East Entrance, 1st Floor, Dana Building
Noon - 1:30 | Lunch | Ford Commons, 1st Floor, Dana Building | sponsored by Aurora Organic Dairy
1:30 - 4:30 PM | Anniversary Symposium | Room 1040 Dana Building
- Dean's Welcome || 1:30 - 1:45
- Founders' Reflections || 1:45 - 2:15
- Future Research Directions || 2:25 - 2:45
- Break || 2:45 - 3:00
Expert Panel || 3:00 - 4:20
- ENERGY - Skip Pruss, principal and cofounder of 5 Lakes Energy; formerly director of the Michigan Department of Energy, Labor, and Economic Growth, chief energy officer for the State of Michigan, special gubernatorial adviser on renewable energy and the environment, and chair of the Great Lakes Offshore Wind Council.
- MOBILITY - Eric Wingfield (MS '05, MBA '05), mobility Strategist at Ford Motor Company.
- BUILT ENVIRONMENT - Doug Kelbaugh, FAIA, Professor of Architecture and Urban Planning and former Dean of U-M's Taubman College of Architecture & Urban Planning
- FOOD - Kami Pothukuchi, chair of Urban Studies and Planning at Wayne State University and director of SEED Wayne
- Conclusion of Anniversary Symposium || 4:20 - 4:30
6:00 - 9:00 PM | Founders' Barbecue: Honoring Jonathan Bulkley and Greg Keoleian | North Ingalls Mall
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 1
Noon- 2 PM | Zero-Waste Tailgate | North Ingalls Mall
3:30 PM | Michigan-Wisconsin Football Game